Sunday 4 March 2018

Memories Together

Hi There Lovelies,

I desperately need to do some blog catch up, so prepare to be having a month of contact inspiration.

This layout I created for Kaisercraft using the Documented Collection.  I had been holding onto the photo for the perfect colours to enhance the sepia old photograph of my hubby's grandparents.


I love how this one turned out.  Lots of background detail and I created my own background stamp using a Kaisercraft Alphabet stamp.


I used this stencil and whipped spackle first.

I allow this to dry naturally.
Using a dry brush, I add some White Gesso to the centre of the page and then also allow it to dry naturally.

To create the above affect, I use a combination of the IP719 Ink Pad – Black and a Tim Holtz Distress Ink Oxide – Vintage Photo.  Using a piece of empty packaging plastic, I add some of the ink and then stamp in the section I would like it to go, focusing more on the areas where the gesso is and around where the photo will be.
Here is a close-up:

Using CS785 Clear Stamp – Typewriter Font and an acrylic block, add some letters in random spots on the block to create an alphabet stamp.
I wanted add another pop of colour, so I use IP723 Ink Pad – Vintage and the Ruler from CS319 Clear Stamp – Documented.
Here is a short video to show you how I created the stamping technique.
This is what it looked like after I completed the stamping.

Here is a close-up:


From here it was a matter of finishing with various Patterned Paper, Collectables and Die Cuts from the Documented Collection.


The Title “Memories Together” came from SS355 Sticker Sheet – Document Collection.


Tearing sheets of Patterned Paper give this layout a vintage feel.


I love this collection and I know you will too.
I hope you were inspired and thank you for stopping by.
Kaisercraft Products: Documented Collection – P2462 Lockers (Reverse) | P2463 Notebook Ledger | P2461 Measurement | P2460 Library Ephemera | SS355 Sticker Sheet – Documented | CT898 Collectables – Documented | IT030 Mini Designer Template – Typography | CS319 Clear Stamp – Documented | CS785 Clear Stamp – Typewriter Font | IP723 Ink Pad – Vintage | IP719 Ink Pad – Black | DD807 Decorative Die – Mini Card Pocket | CS214 Acrylic Stamping Block | T315 Double Sided Tape | KM101 Kaisermist – Charcoal (Discontinued)
Other: Distress Oxide – Vintage Photo | Faber Castell Whipped Sparkle | White Gesso | Baking Paper

1 comment:

  1. This looks amazing, I love it.. very vintagey and perfect for that beautiful photo..

    ReplyDelete